<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, January 29, 2004

The End of Marriage in Scandinavia 

The End of Marriage in Scandinavia: "The 'conservative case' for same-sex marriage collapses. "

I don't see in this article how gay marriage is the linchpin that weakened marriage to the point of collapse in the Nordic countries. I can see it possibly being one of many steps that could destroy marriage, but the author needs to indicate a more direct effect gay marriage has on hurting traditional marriage to make the argument stronger. I think that the link that social norms could be altered to severely weaken marriage by allowing gay marriage, but someone needs to step up to study this process to provide better evidence. A theoretical approach could work, but I don't know enough Weber to try myself.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?