<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Debate on Affirmative Action and Conservative Bias 

Over at Instapundit. A good read. I agree with Mr. Reynolds whole-heartedly that Universities are lying when they speak of diversity when all they really want is more of certain favored color groups attending their institution. I also agree that the criticism that points out a bias in academic hiring that is for liberals and against conservatives, whether intentional or not, makes a lot of sense and most likely occurs.

I hope that matters move in a better direction for conservatives, I'd like to be able to find a job as a history professor one day.

I must admit that the tigh job market in the field of academia combined with the likelyhood that I would be discriminated against because of my ideologies and viewpoints discourages me from wanting to pursue a career in academia.

Is it really true what was once written by an author in The Atlantic Monthly that any conservative that tries to pursue a career in academia is both "a hero and a fool"? I hope not.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?