<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Libertarian Purity Test 

Libertarian Purity Test

Yeah, I got a 24. A soft-core libertarian.

A lot of the ideas on there struck me as 'nuts' to say the least. My objection with privatising everything is that the private sector can abuse its power just as well as the government, but at least with the government we have a sense of obligation to a tradition of law and attempts to put functions out in the open mitigating attempts to usurp freedom.

I just don't trust anyone with my freedoms.

I also understand that there is a reason that people form associations, because they're better than the anarchy that would ensue if we had roving bands of personal mercenaries protecting corporate guilds, which is some way to interpret a perfect libertarian world would be.

Ironically, in the perfect libertarian world your own liberty would imprison you. Nasty, brutish, and short is the half of it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?