<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Ronald Reagan: In his own words 

The BBC has some great Reagan quotes up on their website. Here are a few I like:

-The other day someone told me the difference between a democracy and a people's democracy. It's the same difference between a jacket and a straitjacket.

-We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free
On the 40th anniversary of the Normandy landings, 6 June, 1984

-Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it.

-I've noticed that everybody who is for abortion has already been born.

-How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

-My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.


I seem to have listed most of them. Check out the rest too, they're all good, either wise or funny or most of the time both.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?