<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Some thoughts while the speeches are still going on 

I think what impresses me the most about Arnold's speech is that he was able to throw red meat to the crowd in an, almost oxymoronic, inclusive way. He defined a party and support tent for W that is broad, and made me believe him. He spoke to partisans and moderats at once, an amazing task.

Laura's speech is also very well done. I thought her defence of stem-cell research was a small reference, but did a job. That's what the speeches seem to be doing, they seem to be hitting all of the salients out there in the campaign front.

Effective is what the speeches seem to be.

UPDATE: Here's the text of Laura's well-done speech, which I think did a vastly better job than the ramble that T.H. Kerry gave at the DNC.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?