<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 03, 2004

Time Magazin Poll: Bush 11 points over Kerry 

Wow! I'm speechless. CNN just reported this. And even before Bush's speech (numbers from Tuesday through Thursday, I think). Crap. He gets a 15-20 point lead, which is quite possible since we still have to get poll data from his speech I'm going on vacation until after the election (well probably not). This is spectacular. Calling the GOP convention a resounding success might be an understatement at this point.

What's ridiculous, though, is that CNN only mentioned the numbers for a sec and then broke out to a weather report on the hurricane. Don't want to spread this bad news for fear of a bandwagon effect, maybe?

UPDATE: Glenn's got Time's press release on his site with some more specific data.

Here's Time's link to the poll press release.

I'm still giddy from this. Spectacular! And Time's poll is usually slanted against Bush. Does this mean other polls will have an even bigger bump? I guess we'll see. I bet there will be.

UPDATE: Now that my emotions have calmed down, I notice that my excitement may come off as being a partisan hack. Well, I've been watching the convention all week, and the speakers really moved me into supporting the President more strongly, especially the remarks of the President last night. What he said and conveyed really moved me. Like I said last night, he's a man I will follow. I don't think my honest support of Bush is being a partisan hack. I feel that I'm a patriotic American that's putting his spirit behind the candidate he supports. And isn't that what citizens are supposed to do?

On the other hand, when I criticize the NYTs or the Washington Post for unbalanced coverage, I think I'm still being fair. They are a major source of news that many people rely on, not a small blog. They should present both sides of an issue fairly, especially since they claim that's what they do right now. I claim to give opinions, they claim to give news. That's a major diference.

If Kerry was more appealing, maybe I'd have more good things to say about him. But compared to Bush, I really can't see anything about him that I like as a candidate for president. So, I'm going to say that, because I want my country being led for the next four years by George W. Bush.

Another UPDATE: CNN finally got to the data. They said it looked like Bush had gotten a bounce, showed a graphic with the numbers, and then moved on. Not much analysis. Maybe more later?

UPDATE: Thanks to Mr. Reynolds, here's another link to poll info at Powerline.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?