<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 03, 2004

Zell grabbing swingers? 

It seems that what people needed was someone who sounded serious and urgent to tell them that national security matters. He convinced one swing voter. Says Peter Robinson of NRO:
The question bouncing around the Corner yesterday: Although we conservatives loved Zell Miller, did Miller’s speech change any votes?

Well, folks, this just in from Paul Crichton, my publicist at HarperCollins. Paul is a hip young denizen of Manhattan and master of media—not, in other words, the most promising material for the GOP. But just listen:

“What a speech by Miller last night. He might have secured my vote for Bush with that speech. Being the loose free spirit that I am, I don't necessarily agree with Bush's social and moral values -- FCC media censorship, religious fundamentalism etc. But I think I really have to put those issues on the back-burner and look at the real issue at hand--national security.”

National security, the real issue. Zell done did it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?