<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 21, 2005

News like this... 

...makes me smack my head against the desk. George Washington, in two seperate polls done ranking greatest presidents, finishes up behind Bill Clinton! *Thud!...thud!...*(Stop, stop, I want to live...!-ed)

Lincoln coming up number one I agree with (the Civil War was pretty dicey), but really, if you count Washington's service at the general that kept the Continental Army intact (by employing a Fabian strategy) long enough to allow the US to win the Revolutionary War and thus exist, he certainly comes up much higher on any sort of list ranking presidents. I think that easily gives him number two, and arguably number one (although I think Lincoln's oratorical abilities and the very precarious nature of civil war put him ahead). Certainly, though, ahead of 'the first black president'...

The article says that only about 40% of respondants knew that Washington was head of the Continental Army... Oh, the lack of basic knowledge of history is leaching my will to live........ *Thud!...Thud!...Thud!...* (Nooooooo....Oh, it burns, it burns...!!-ed)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?