<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Re: Shades of... 

Reader George has some interesting input on the subject of the press conference today. I did not have the good fortune of watching the conference live, but from the comments I gleaned that the underlying message of many of the comments was one directed toward the Sudan situation. But that is exactly my point. I think it is unfortunate that Bush has yet to explicitly call for more action on the crisis in particular, and we are left only to guess on the meaning in comments about financing aid packages. Although I agree, I think that he was referencing the Darfur situation, perhaps that is not enough. The united nations certainly isn't doing much of anything, as I have noted before.
Bush's thoughts on climate change have been succinct, to say the least, and I think that you have a point. However, I think it may have more to do with his priorities than his lack of understanding of willingness. The war on terror and social security reform are the hallmarks of his agenda, rightly so, and I feel like he would focus on the environmental subjects, but frankly they just aren't very pressing relative to the other matters at hand.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?