<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, April 10, 2006

Re: Condi on Piano 

After reading the NYT story about Condoleezza Rice's pianist pursuits, I am somehow emboldened enough to attempt to usurp, albeit temporarily, Jason's strangle hold on the quote of the day.
People often ask her, Ms. Rice said that day, whether playing chamber music is relaxing. "It's not exactly relaxing if you are struggling to play Brahms," she explained. "But it is transporting. When you're playing there is only room for Brahms or Shostakovich. It's the time I'm most away from myself, and I treasure it."

She continues to remind me why she is the most under appreciated woman in politics, exhibiting a depth of intellect, character and class which her democratic peers are woefully lacking.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?